Wednesday, March 7, 2012

My First Post

Hi I'm Avery  and this is my art blog! In this blog you will find pictures of many different types of art from professional art to art created by talented kids. I'm doing this blog because I love art and I want to share that amazing art with my readers. First lets look at some art I've recently seen.



This is a amazing sculpture from an Alaskan museum in Fairbanks called The Museum of the North. This sculpture is made out of nails bent and soldered together. In my eyes these bids are calling for help in the cold winter, I say that because in Alaska every thing that is sad in my eyes is cold. This sculpture is different to everyone's eyes so please comment what this means to you.

3 comments:

  1. I remember these sculptures when we were Alaska. I loved them then, and still today. They look like little birds waiting for worms from their momma. I love the creative nature of using nails to create the birds. And that we couldn't tell it was made of nails until we were up close.

    This is the type of art I would love in our home or our garden. It makes me smile.

    Thanks for posting this Avery, Mom

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Avery, Love the creative (re)use of Nails-Its very encouraging to see artist utilize sustainable and responsible materials! The birds look buoyant and peaceful-which is so very different from the nails used to make them. Nails are driven and pounded. But these birds are so light and whimsical-what a wonderful juxtaposition. I would love to see a close up detail of the nails. Will you post one? I also love the way the birds help me to visualize myself in a peaceful setting. Love this blog and love you! Aunt Cathy

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow! What a neat sculpture! I see baby birds waiting for their mom to return with food. They are waiting and crying with their mouths open. This is a really cool blog Avery!
    Love, Aunt Judy

    ReplyDelete